BMT-SCD Working Group
The CTID Blood and Marrow Transplant for Sickle Cell Disease (BMT-SCD) Working Group has been instrumental in bringing together a multi-disciplinary group of investigators and physicians in the area of SCD and BMT. As a result of the conversations in this forum, several new research projects and clinical pathways have been finalized. These projects and clinical pathways include:
- Haplo-identical donor BMT study
- Gene therapy study for sickle cell disease
- Late effects of BMT for SCD
- Study of neurological complications of BMT for SCD
- Transfusion issues surrounding BMT for SCD
- Fertility preservation for patients undergoing BMT for SCD
- Testicular and ovarian shielding for radiation as part of BMT for SCD
- Mouse models for BMT for SCD for mismatched donors
The BMT-SCD Working Group is led by Dr. Lakshmanan Krishnamurti.
For more information or to be added to the distribution list for this working group, please contact Jennifer Villaseñor.