CHOA Office of Research Administration (ORA)
The research administration team at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta provides comprehensive services to principal investigators and researchers through essential phases of the research lifecycle.
ORA acts as a system-wide resource support to those new to research administration and develops and implements new tools and templates for research personnel. ORA supports and facilitates sponsored research administration towards fulfilling our educational, research, and public service missions. The team will review and submit proposals for federally-sponsored research, negotiate and execute clinical trial agreements, and manage sponsored grants and contracts. ORA serves as a liaison between sponsors, physicians, the Office of General Counsel, the Foundation, and other internal departments to ultimately ensure Children's receives fair and reasonable agreements and conducts research that is compliant with federal, state, local, and sponsor regulations, terms, and conditions.
- For non-industry-funded projects, please complete this form.
- For industry-sponsored clinical trials or COG-funded, please complete this form.
- Coordinates with study teams, external sponsors, Emory, and ancillary departments involved in research
- Reviews, edits, and submits proposals and Letters of Intent to sponsors
- Completes and reviews budgets against negotiated indirect and fringe rates
- Facilitates and manages internal routing of documents for sponsored programs
- Provides institutional information and assists with official form preparation
- Maintains proposal files and documents
Post -Award Services
- Processes and routes amendments appropriately, ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Collaborates with the Office of Grants Accounting on award setup and project management
- Generates the Notice of Award (NOA) for sponsored projects and distributes to appropriate study personnel for fully executed agreements
- Generates and executes outgoing subcontracts, subgrants, and amendments under awards as needed, incorporating appropriate terms and conditions
- Maintains project files and documents