The General Equipment Core, located within the Emory-Children’s Center (ECC) and the Health Science Research Building (HSRB), provides access to shared equipment and space for processing clinical samples to all Emory+Children’s affiliated investigators. This core provides a generous amount of bench space on the 2nd floor of the Emory-Children’s Center building for routine processing of specimens. This equipment is available to all ECPRC affiliated investigators but please be advised:
- Usage log must be filled out each time the equipment is used. This information is used to assess the usefulness of the core and its impact on pediatric research.
- The equipment is shared by others and so it is to be used temporarily, on an as-needed basis.
- No samples or supplies are to be left in or around the equipment.
- The equipment and surrounding areas should be cleaned thoroughly after each use.
- Biohazard waste (solid and liquid) should be disposed of properly.
Citing the General Equipment & Specimen Processing Core
The General Equipment & Specimen Processing Core is generously supported by Children's Healthcare of Atlanta and Emory University. When presenting or publishing work completed using the core, please include "Children's Healthcare of Atlanta and Emory University Pediatric General Equipment & Specimen Processing Core" in the acknowledgments.
To determine if you should use "Children's Healthcare of Atlanta" in your author affiliations, please see guidelines here.