2023 Southeastern Annual Pediatric Research Conference
Add to Calendar
2023 General Co-Chairs
- Keynote Speakers
- Presentations Selected from Submitted Abstracts
- Scientific Poster Sessions
- Complimentary Evening Aquarium Admission & Door Prizes
Xiaobin Wang, MD, MPH, ScD
Zanvyl Krieger Professor
Director, Center on the Early Life Origins of Disease
Department of Population, Family and Reproductive Health
Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health
Professor of Pediatrics
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Arun J. Sanyal, MD
Director, Stravitz-Sanyal Institute for Liver Disease and Metabolic Health
Interim Chair, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
Z. Reno Vlahcevic Professor of Medicine
Professor of Medicine, Physiology and Molecular Pathology
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
Norrina Allen, PhD, MPH, FAHA
Quentin D. Young Professor of Health Policy
Associate Professor of Epidemiology and Pediatrics
Department of Preventive Medicine
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University
Director, Center for Epidemiology and Population Health
Institute for Public Health and Medicine (IPHAM)
Co-Director of the Data Science Hub
Institute for Innovations in Developmental Sciences (DevSci)
Ajit Yoganathan, PhD
Member National Academy of Engineering
Emeritus Regents' Professor & Wallace H. Coulter Distinguished Faculty Chair in Biomedical Engineering Wallace H. Coulter Dept. of Biomedical Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology & Emory University
Jean A. Welsh, PhD, MPH, RN
Department of Pediatrics
Emory University School of Medicine
Research Director, Strong4Life
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
Director Graduate Studies
Nutrition and Health Science Program
Laney Graduate School
Thank you to our 2023 Southeastern Pediatric Research Conference Sponsors:
The abstract submission deadline is April 7, 2023
- Any child health researcher can submit abstracts, including students, trainees, staff, and faculty.
- Abstracts submitted to other conferences are welcome.
- You may submit more than one abstract.
- All authors must approve the abstract before it is submitted.
- Abstracts should represent your original research project. Technology abstracts should describe novel or existing research projects and not advertise currently available technology.
- Abstracts must include the following sections: Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusion.
- Maximum 350 words, not including the title and authors.
- Plain text only: no figures, graphs, or tables.
- Students, fellows, and residents - include the name of at least one mentor in your author list. Make sure your mentor approves your abstract before you submit it!
- Do not submit duplicate abstracts. If you need to make a change after you’ve submitted your abstract, email your change to Megan Vallowe: email@example.com
Note: Submitting an abstract does not automatically register you for the conference! Neither you nor any investigator listed on your abstract will automatically be registered to attend. Click here to register.
Abstract Submission Link
Notification of oral or poster presentation selection will be emailed in May 2023.
1) What is the cost of attending the conference?
- Advanced/Early registration - before May 26, 2023, at 1:00 PM
- Pay by credit card, SpeedType, or cost center
- In-person*: $60 general & $30 for trainees
- Late registration - after May 26, 2023, at 1:00 PM
- Pay by credit card only
- In-person*: $75 per person
2) Who is considered a trainee?
- Students, residents, fellows, and postdocs.
- Postdocs include only those individuals whose official titles include postdoctoral. It does not include postdoctoral staff members such as Research Associates and Research Specialists.
3) What if I miss the advanced registration deadline? Can I still attend?
- You may still attend the conference if you miss the advanced registration deadline; however, the registration fee will be higher. In-person*: $75 per person
4) Will I get a refund if I can no longer attend the conference?
- You may receive a refund of your registration fee until 30 days before the conference. After May 9, 2023, no refunds will be given.
5) Will CME credits be provided?
- Yes. The Emory University School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. The Emory University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The best GPS address for the Georgia Aquarium parking deck entrance is 246 Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd, Atlanta, GA 30313.
Parking in the official Georgia Aquarium parking deck is included with your registration; please pick up a parking voucher at the registration desk when you arrive.
Once in the parking deck, USE THE WEST ELEVATORS on the corner of Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd and Luckie Street and follow signs to the Oceans Ballroom. PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW SIGNS TO THE MAIN ENTRANCE/East Elevators. The East Elevators will take you to the main entrance of the aquarium, not the Ballroom.
The main thing you need to know when arriving by MARTA is that you do not enter the conference area through the regular front entrance of the aquarium. The access to the conference center is by the parking deck off Ivan Allen, Jr. Blvd.
MARTA by Train:
The Georgia Aquarium is a 10-15 minute walk from the Dome/GWCC/Philips Arena/CNN Center Station on the Blue/Green line or from the Civic Center or Peachtree Center Stations on the Red/Gold line.
MARTA by Bus:
Bus service is available to the Georgia Aquarium from the Civic Center MARTA bus station and Five Points MARTA station via Route 32.