Congratulations to the 2021 Warshaw Fellow and Buchter Resident Research Awardees!
Congratulations to the following fellows and residents whose research projects were selected for funding in the fifth cylce of the Warshaw Fellow Research Awards and Buchter Resident Research Awards.
These awards are named in honor of Dr. Barry Warshaw, Vice Chair of Education and Dr. Susie Buchter, Residency Program Director, for their pioneering and tireless efforts cultivating fellows and residents in the Department of Pediatrics at Emory University School of Medicine.
- Diana Fridlyand, MD, Hematology & Oncology: Evaluation of MRX-2843 in Combination with Cytotoxic Chemotherapy to Enhance Therapeutic Efficacy in Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Robert Grell, MD, Emergency Medicine: Can we DETECT concussions in the Pediatric ED? A VR-based concussion assessment tool
- Shuai Hao, MD, Endocrinology and Diabetes: The Role of SARS-CoV-2 in New Onset Type 2 Diabetes
- Sanyukta Janardan, MD, Hematology & Oncology: A pre-pilot study of the feasibility and acceptability of a targeted health education intervention in childhood cancer survivors at high risk for therapy-related adverse cardiovascular events
- Erin Kallam, DO, Pulmonary, Allergy & Immunology, Cystic Fibrosis, and Sleep: Non-Invasive Monitoring of Airway Inflammation and Lung Function in Pediatric Patients With CFTR Related Metabolic Syndrome
- Michael Ripple, MD, PhD, Critical Care Medicine: Molecular Pathway Profiling of T Lymphocyte Transcriptomic and Signal Transduction Pathways in Children with Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Anna Rodenbough, MD, MPH, Critical Care Medicine: Adverse Childhood Experiences and Quality of Life in Critically Ill Children
- Arhanti Sadanand, MD, Hematology & Oncology: Optimizing a PTK7 Antibody-Drug Conjugate for Neuroblastoma
- Vanessa Ford, MD: Utilizing an Informational Poster to Facilitate Care Discussions About Adverse Childhood Experiences in a Safety Net Primary Care Setting
- Jason Moraczewski, MD: Assessment of the Humoral and Cellular Immune Function in Carriers of CD40L Deficiency
- Nadine Najjar, MD, MPH: Hospital outcomes for critically ill children with acute respiratory failure by race or ethnicity and insurance status: a population-based, retrospective cohort study
- Benjamin Siegel, MD: Retrospective analysis of visual outcomes in optic pathway glioma
- Kristen Solomon, MD, MS: Consistent, Standardized Nutrition Evaluation and Intervention in Newly Diagnosed IBD Patients
Click here for more information about the Warshaw Fellow Research Award and Buchter Resident Research Award.