Joseph F Cubells, MD, PhD
Emory Autism Center
Departments of Human Genetics and
Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
Emory University School of Medicine
1. Associate Director and Project PI, Emory Translational Research Center in Behavioral Sciences (TRCBS; Stowe, PI).
2. Co-investigator in multiple pharmacuetical trials for Fragile X syndrome (Warren and/or Visootsak, PIs), at DOHG Clinical Trials Center.
3. Co-PI on pending Transformational R01 (with J. Mulle, SPH; submitted January 2012) proposing to examine gut microbiome in autism. This grant involves investigators from Marcus Autism Center (Drs. Klin, Saulnier, Jaquess and Sharp) and from the Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology (Drs. Karpen and Kugathasan).
4. Psychiatric consultant to the Children's Center Comprehensive Care Clinic for persons with 22q11 Deletion Syndrome (Director, Lisa Kobrinski, MD).
1. Role of large-scale genomic variants such as copy number variants (CNV) in autism spectrum disorders and other neurodevelopmental disorders.
2. Clinical transition between pediatric and adult-care systems for persons with autism spectrum disorders.
3. Role of Gut Micro-biome in autism spectrum disorders.
4. Pharmacological treatment guided by genomic data for neurodevelopmental disorders.
5. Novel pharmaceuticals for treatment of persons with Fragile X syndrome, autism spectrum disorders, and CNV-related disorders.