2017 Southeastern Pediatric Research Conference: Big Data for Better Care
- Chris Gunter, PhD, Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Human Genetics, Emory University School of Medicine; and Director of Communications Operations, Marcus Autism Center, Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- Stacy Heilman, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics & Director, Pediatric Research Operations, Emory University and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
- Greg Gibson, PhD, Professor of Biological Sciences & Director, Center for Integrative Genomics, Georgia Institute of Technology
Kenneth Mandl, MD, MPH, Professor of Biomedical Informatics and Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School; and Director, Computational Health Informatics Program, Boston Children’s Hospital
Colleen McBride, PhD, Grace Crum Rollins Chair of Behavioral Sciences and Health Education, Emory University
Howard Jacob, PhD, Executive Vice President and Chief Genomic Medicine Officer, HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology
Presentations Selected from Submitted Abstracts
Scientific Poster Sessions
Complimentary Evening Aquarium Admission
Deadline to Submit Abstracts: April 3, 2017
- Abstracts on any topic related to child health research are encouraged.
- Anyone may submit an abstract, including but not limited to principal investigators, trainees, students, and staff.
- The maximum length of abstracts is 400 words and you may submit more than one abstract.
Up to 3 abstract authors from each non-local (>100 miles from Atlanta) institution will be selected to receive reimbursement for travel and hotel accommodations to provide an oral or poster presentation at the conference.
PLEASE NOTE: Submitting an abstract does not automatically register you for the conference! Neither you nor any investigator listed on your abstract will automatically be registered to attend. Click here to register.
The best address to use for the Georgia Aquarium parking deck entrance using GPS is 246 Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd, Atlanta, GA 30313.
Parking in the official Georgia Aquarium parking deck is included with your registration; please pick up a parking voucher at the registration desk when you arrive.
Once in the parking deck, USE THE WEST ELEVATORS located on the corner of Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd and Luckie Street and follow signs to the Oceans Ballroom. PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW SIGNS TO THE MAIN ENTRANCE/East Elevators. The East Elevators will take you to the main entrance of the aquarium, not the ballroom.
The following hotels are within walking distance of the Georgia Aquarium and will offer the Georgia Tech rate to conference participants. Click here for a map of the hotels.
Hyatt House Atlanta Downtown (Rate: $362/night)
Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center (Rate: $225/night; no availability on June 9)
Embassy Suites Centennial Park (Rate: $140/night; no availability on June 9)
Deadline to register a core: March 15, 2017
Deadline to register an IT Service: April 30, 2017
Cores and IT Services should register to be included in the poster sessions and program. Only services within the Pediatric Research Alliance and those invited should register. For questions, contact Karen Kennedy.
PLEASE NOTE: Submitting a core/IT Service registration does not automatically register individuals for the conference! Neither you nor any persons listed on your core/IT Service registration will automatically be registered to attend. Click here to register individuals.
Deadline to register a technology demonstration: March 31, 2017
PLEASE NOTE: Submitting a technology demonstration application does not automatically register individuals for the conference! Neither you nor any persons listed on application will automatically be registered to attend, even if your application is approved and payment is received. Click here to register individuals.