PTC & HAC: Predictive Decision Support to Prevent CLABSI
Deadline: February 02, 2018
Amount: Up to $75,000 for 12-24 months
The Pediatric Technology Center, in conjunction with the Health Analytics Council (HAC), announces the inaugural call for proposals from the HAC.
Problem Central Line-associated bloodstream infections (CLABSI) not only cause both morbidity and mortality in patients, they also increase healthcare costs with complexity of care and increased length of stay. Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta is a large, tertiary care pediatric healthcare system. Because of volume and subspecialty patients, Children’s cares for a significant number of patients who have central lines. While Children’s employs evidence-based bloodstream infection prevention practices to reduce or eliminate these infections, CLABSI still occur.
This call focuses on the following three categories:
- Data identification, extraction, and harmonization to support CLABSI predictive modeling.
- Predictive model development to assess individual patient risk for CLABSI at time of admission and then daily throughout hospitalization.
- CLABSI Risk Decision Support application.
All applications must involve two or more investigators:
- at least one from Georgia Tech AND
- at least one of whom:
- has a primary faculty appointment in the Emory Department of Pediatrics OR
- is on the professional staff at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta (CHOA)