The Pediatric Research Alliance funding opportunities here.
Opportunities of special interest for CF-AIR members:
- CF@LANTA Pre- and Postdoctoral Training Fellowship: closed for 2015, more information from the last call
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- CF-AIR Center pilot grants: CF grants in odd years and Asthma & other airways disorders in even years
- Friends Research Grants: For eligible Children's staff without compensated Emory position
NEW: CF@LANTA CF Explorer Award
The Emory+Children’s Cystic Fibrosis Center of Excellence, “CF@LANTA,” is pleased to announce the availability of funds to encourage use of research cores within the Georgia CF Core Center, recently funded by NIH P30 grant (1-P30-DK125013). These funds are intended to attract new investigators into CF research, by subsidizing costs for new projects. We will support five awards each year, where all costs must be used for services provided by the three research cores.
Cores and services provided:
Diabetes, GI, and Nutrition Core
Core Directors: Tom Ziegler, Vin Tangpricha
Glucose tolerance and hormonal testing, intestinal and liver function, and body composition and nutritional/metabolic status assessment
Lifestyle and Behavior Core
Core Directors: Ryan Harris, Jessica Alvarez
Support for sleep, exercise, and diet research
Clinical Research and Informatics Core
Core Directors: Arlene Stecenko, Sam Brown
Access to CF biospecimen repository, biologic data management, biostatistical support, study design, database services
REDCap form to request services: https://redcap.choa.org/redcap/surveys/?s=7CKWNWPNTP
- Requests of up to $5,000 will be considered. We plan to fund five CF Explorer Awards per year.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
- We strongly recommend that investigators request their department provide matching funds. If the matching request is confirmed in writing, we will provide an extra 10% (i.e., up to $500).
- Projects must use at least one of the P30 Cores listed above.
- Funds can only be used for services provided by the P30 Cores.
- Funds cannot be used for salary of PI or staff, but can be used for research subject stipends.
- Our Informed Consent documents require that any samples obtained from the CF Biospecimen Repository must be used only for CF research. Hence, these samples cannot be used as controls for non-CF research studies.
- Investigators submitting a proposal will be required to meet with the relevant P30 Core Director for expert consultation on the project proposed.
- Contact the Center Program Manager, Lilly Meier, at firstname.lastname@example.org, to confirm eligibility.
- Contact the relevant P30 Core Director to develop your idea and budget.
- Submit a single-page statement of hypothesis and goal(s) of the project, to CFAtlanta@emory.edu.
- Awardees will be informed by e-mail. Awardees will be announced as “CF Explorer” for the calendar year.
- Funds awarded must be used within one year. No-cost extensions will be approved under only extraordinary circumstances.
- Individual spending accounts will not be used. Invoices for services associated with this award will be paid internally.