Justin L. Williams, PhD
Aflac Cancer & Blood Disorders Center
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics,
Emory University School of Medicine
Justin Williams, PhD, joined Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta and Emory University as Assistant Professor of Pediatrics in March, 2020. She came to Children's and Emory from Kaiser Permanente (Georgia). Prior to joining Kaiser Permanente in October 2018, she completed a pediatric psychology fellowship at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Prior to her fellowship, Dr. Williams earned a doctorate degree in clinical psychology from Georgia State University. She completed her pre-doctoral residency training in behavioral medicine at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center.
In her spare time, you will find Dr. Williams traveling, spending time with family and friends, and cooking. Although she is a proud native of South Carolina, she is excited to call metro Atlanta her home.
Focus of practice:
- Pediatric Psychology
Areas of Interest:
- Cancer & blood disorders
- Pediatric consultation-liaison
- Psychological assessment
- Transition from pediatric to adult care among youth with sickle cell disease
- Psychosocial functioning and resilience among youth with sickle cell disease
Education and Training:
- Graduate school: Georgia State University (Atlanta, GA)
- Residency: Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center (Cincinnati, OH)
- Fellowship: St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital (Memphis, TN)