Congratulations to the 2020 Warshaw Fellow and Buchter Resident Research Awardees!
Congratulations to the following fellows and residents whose research projects were selected for funding in the fourth cylce of the Warshaw Fellow Research Awards and Buchter Resident Research Awards.
These awards are named in honor of Dr. Barry Warshaw, Vice Chair of Education and Dr. Susie Buchter, Residency Program Director, for their pioneering and tireless efforts cultivating fellows and residents in the Department of Pediatrics at Emory University School of Medicine.
- Madeleine Goldstein, DO, Infectious Disease: Decreasing Stigma Among Youth Living With HIV During Transition From Pediatric to Adult-Oriented Care
- Sneha Kolli, MD, FAAP, Critical Care Medicine: Cluster Analysis of Children Admitted to the Intensive Care Unit With Critical and Near-Fatal Asthma Exacerbations
- Justine Mrosak, MD, Hospitalists: Improving Clinical Practice Guideline Adherence and Antibiotic Stewardship Through Order Set Rationalization
- Gargi Mukherjee, MD, Hospitalists: Taking Advantage of a Missed Opportunity: Expanding STI Screening to the Inpatient Setting
- Amit Shah, MD, Pulmonary, Allergy & Immunology, Cystic Fibrosis, and Sleep: Non-Invasive Measurement of Pulmonary Blood Flow in Pulmonary Hypertension
- Sarah Tweddell, MD, MS, Neonatology-Perinatal Medicine: Anemia Induces Inflammation and Gut Injury in Neonatal Mice
- Sofia Edwards-Salmon, MD: A Closer Look at the Demographic Data of Pediatric Patients Diagnosed With Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Rachel Krieger, DO: Prevalence of Cobalamin Deficiency in Sickle Cell Disease
- Anand Salem, DO: The Role of Peri-Extubation Caffeine on Extubation Success in Preterm Infants