Seminars & Workshops
See all upcoming CF-AIR events by clicking here.
The CF-AIR Research Workshop meets weekly on Wednesdays at 4:00 pm. Refreshments provided. First and third Wednesdays will be in Emory-Children's Center, room 302 at Emory and IBB 1316 at Georgia Tech; the speaker will choose the location most convenient for the speaker and the presentation will be videoconferenced to the other location. Second and fourth Wednesdays in ECC 302, immediately after the CF-TR Joint Lab Meeting. Contact Kirsten Cottrill to sign up.
Full 2018-2019 Workshop Schedule (PDF)
- January 23: Kerry Strickland (Schmidt-Krey & McCarty Labs) - Journal Club article: Zhang, Z et al. "Molecular structure of the ATP-bound, phosphorylated human CFTR." Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018 Dec 11;115(50):12757-12762.
- January 30 5-7 pm: Fifth Wednesday Social - a time for dinner and socialization for CF-AIR members, note time and location change - 5-7 pm, Suddath Seminar Room (IBB 1128) at GT
- February 6: Anne Fitzpatrick, PhD, RN - clinical research, ECC 302/IBB 1316
- February 13: available, ECC 302
- February 20: available, ECC 302/IBB 1316
- February 27 at 3 pm: special seminar - Ryan Harris, PhD (August University), note time and location change - 3 pm in HSRB Auditorium/GT location TBD
- Emory-Children's Center (ECC), 2015 Uppergate Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30322 (Emory/Egleston campuses), park in valet in front of building
- Health Sciences Research Building (HSRB), 1760 Haygood Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30322 (Emory campus), park in ECC valet
- Petit Institute for Bioengineering & Biosciences (IBB): 315 Ferst Dr NW, Atlanta, GA 30332 (Georgia Tech campus), park in Area 5 Visitor Parking
Selected presentations may be posted here
Investigators and trainees doing translational research in CF, Asthma, or other airways disease hold a joint lab meeting at 3 pm on 2nd & 4th Wednesdays to share ideas. Meets in Emory-Children's Center, room 302. Contact Kirsten Cottrill to sign up for a presentation.