Seminars & Workshops
See all upcoming CF-AIR events by clicking here.
The CF-AIR Research Workshop meets weekly on Wednesdays at 4:30 pm in room 302 of the Emory-Children's Center. Each month follows a general pattern unless we have a special visitor or event. Refreshments provided. Contact Ashley Cross to sign up.
1st week: Research Seminar
2nd week: Journal Club
3rd & 4th week: Research Seminar
5th week: social
Full 2016-2017 Workshop Schedule (PDF), to see individual event calendar page (including add to calendar link), click on the date.
- April 28 at 1:45 pm (note date and time change): Ryan Hunter, PhD (University of Minnesota) - MMG Symposium talk - When Good Bugs Go Wild: Bacterial Mucin Degradation in Airway Disease
- May 3: Basic Research - available, contact Ashley Cross
- May 10: Journal Club - Bijean Ford (Tirouvanziam Lab) - Dwyer M et al. J Innate Immun 2015. Cystic Fibrosis Sputum DNA has NETosis characteristics and NET release is regulated by MIF
- May 17: David Scott (Spyryx Bio)
- May 24: Rabin Tirouvanziam, PhD
- May 31: Social
- June 7: (note room change to HSRB E459) Joshua Chandler, PhD
- June 14: Journal Club - available, contact Ashley Cross
- June 21: Xiaoling Zang (Fernandez Lab)
- June 28: Strategize Session
Investigators and trainees doing translational research in CF, Asthma, or other airways disease hold a joint lab meeting at noon on Tuesdays to share ideas. Meets only on the first Tuesday of the month (faculty presentations) and the third Tuesday of the month (trainee presentations). Contact Dr. Nael McCarty to join or sign up for a presentation. Lunch provided. Room varies, check the schedule below