Chia-shi Wang, MD
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
Division of Nephrology
Department of Pediatrics
Emory University School of Medicine
• Medical Degree: Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC
• Residency: Wake Forest University Baptist Health, Winston-Salem, NC
• Fellowship: Pediatric Nephrology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
• Graduate Degree in Clinical Research: Laney Graduate School at Emory University, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
• Undergraduate Degree: University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
• General Nephrology
• Nephrotic Syndrome
• Renal Transplantation
Areas of research interest include:
• Nephrotic Syndrome
• Outcome Research
• Health Technology
• Treatment Adherence
• American Society of Nephrology
• American Society of Pediatric Nephrology
• Midwest Pediatric Nephrology Consortium
• ACTSI Award for MSCR Tuition, National Institutes of Health, 2014
• March for Babies Leader of a Pediatric Residency Program, March of Dimes, 2011
• Academic Honors, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, 2006-2007
• Sigma Xi Honors Society, University of Chicago, 2004
• Honors in Biological Sciences, University of Chicago, 2004
• General Honors, University of Chicago, 2004
Wang C, Yan J, Palmer R, Bost J, Wolf MF, Greenbaum LA. Childhood Nephrotic Syndrome Management and Outcome: A Single Center Retrospective Analysis. Int J Nephrol. 2017;2017:2029583. PubMed PMID: 28326197; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5343260.
Wang C, Liverman RS, Garro R, George RP, Glumova A, Karp A, Jernigan S, Warshaw B. Ofatumumab for the treatment of childhood nephrotic syndrome. Pediatr Nephrol. 2017 May;32(5):835-841. PubMed PMID: 28213687; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5373940.
Wang C, Gander J, Patzer RE, Greenbaum, LA. Mortality and Graft Loss Trends among U.S. Pediatric Renal Transplant Recipients with and without Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis. Am J Kidney Dis.
Wang C, Troost J, Srivastava T, Weidemann D, Greenbaum LA. Medication adherence and perceived difficulties in pediatric nephrotic syndrome. ASN; 2017.
Wang C, Troost J, Greenbaum LA, Srivastava T, Gibson K, Trachtman H, Herreshoff E, Gipson DS. Mobile text messaging for disease activity, stressors, and treatment adherence monitoring in pediatric nephrotic syndrome. ASN; 2017.