Congratulations to the 2018 Fellow Research Fund Awardees!
Congratulations to the following fellows whose research projects were selected for funding in the inaugural year of the Fellow Research Fund. We were able to fund 8 of the 19 applications submitted. We hope that this program and the application process itself will encourage trainees to engage in research, improve the quality of their projects, and enhance the research environment at CHOA.
- Allison Rose, MD, FAAP, Neonatology-Perinatal Medicine: "How Necrotizing Enterocolitis Totalis differs from Surgical Necrotizing Enterocolitis"
- Soham Dasgupta, MD, Cardiology: "Correlation between NTproBNP and Cardiac Catheterization in the Diagnosis of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension in Pediatric Patients"
- Jenny Shim, MD, Hematology & Oncology: "Defining the role of Yes-associated protein (YAP) in recurrent and high-risk neuroblastoma."
- Karezhe Mersha, MD, Nephrology: "Impact of Emerging Adulthood and Transition of Care on Renal Graft Failure Rates"
- Vivek Saroha, MD, PhD, Neonatology-Perinatal Medicine: "Association of timing of caffeine initiation during the first 72 hours after birth and the risk of Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia in VLBW infants"
- Su Jin Joo, MD, Infectious Disease: "Tuberculin skin test results and treatment outcomes in hospitalized patients with active Mycobacterium tuberculosis disease"
- Joy Miller, MD, Neonatology-Perinatal Medicine: "Longitudinal Cost Utilization for Common Neonatal Surgical Conditions"
- Deborah Bloch, MD, Infectious Disease: "Effect of Maternal Schistosomal Infection on Infant Cellular and Humoral Vaccine Immunity to BCG and Tetanus"