News / Calendar
Pilot Project Opportunity: Request for Letters of Intent
Pilot Project Opportunity Supporting Collaborative Projects Between: Emory+Children’s Pediatric Research Center & Yerkes National Primate Research Center
Request for Letters of Intent
A partnership between Emory+Children’s Pediatric Research Center & Yerkes National Primate Research Center announces this request for Letters of Intent (LOI) for pilot projects that will lead to collaborative pediatric research and significant extramural funding. Research project ideas addressing an area of child health research utilizing a model of non human primates or rodents are sought. It is expected that two $30K one year awards will be made.
In no more than one page, the LOI should provide the following:
1. Project Title
2. Brief description of the proposed pilot project for which the pilot funds would be used
3. Alignment with the missions of the Emory+Children’s Pediatric Research Center & Yerkes National Primate Research Center
4. Intended subsequent extramural grant application type, agency, and deadline for submission (must be submitted within one year of the conclusion of funding of this pilot award)
To be eligible, proposals must involve a collaboration between at least one faculty level investigator with an appointment at Yerkes and one faculty level investigator with a primary appointment in the Emory Dept of Pediatrics or at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Projects must be related to child health and show strong alignment to the mission of the Yerkes National Primate Research Center. Priority will be given to projects that can be completed within one calendar year and are likely to generate sufficient preliminary data to serve as the basis of a subsequent extramural grant application.
The LOI must be submitted by 5:00 PM April 16, 2012. Invitations to submit a detailed five-page application will be made by May 15, 2012. If invited to submit a full application, the deadline will be 5:00 PM, July 2, 2012. Project duration will be one year and the expected start date for the award is September 1, 2012.
This pre-application including the one page LOI and each collaborative investigator’s NIH Biosketch, should be submitted as a single PDF to Barbara Kilbourne by the date and time indicated below.
LOI due April 16, 2012 by 5:00 PM
Invitation to submit full applications May 15, 2012
Full applications due July 2, 2012 by 5:00 PM
Expected award period September 1, 2012 – August 31, 2013
- Dec 4Pediatric Research Grand Rounds-12/4/13
- Dec 9K-Club 12/9/13
- Dec 10CCNR Symposium with Keynote Address by Dr. David Loring
- Dec 13Beer Core Hosted by CCIV and CCB
- Dec 19Aflac Visiting Lecture Series 12/19/13
- Dec 20CCTR Seminar: Cynthia Wetmore, MD, PhD