10th Annual Southeastern Pediatric Research Conference
Registration and abstract submission links coming soon!
Please join us from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. for:
- Exciting Presentations from Keynote Speakers
- Presentations Selected from Submitted Abstracts
- Scientific Poster Sessions
PLUS a Special 10th Anniversary Reception with Door Prizes (4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.) & Complimentary Evening Aquarium Admission (5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.)!
**Prizes include tickets to Atlanta area restaurants and attractions, including Buckhead Life Restaurants, Fernbank Museum, Botanical Gardens, and World of Coke!**
Please note: Continuing education credits are not available for this event.
Abstract submission links coming soon!
Abstracts due Friday, March 13, 2020 by 1:00 PM.
PLEASE NOTE: Submitting an abstract does not automatically register you for the conference! Neither you nor any investigator listed on your abstract will automatically be registered to attend. Click here to register.
A limited number of travel awards may be given to oral and poster presenters from academic institutions greater than 100 miles outside metro Atlanta based on merit and need. Awardees will be notified in late April.
The best address to use for the Georgia Aquarium parking deck entrance using GPS is 246 Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd, Atlanta, GA 30313.
Parking in the official Georgia Aquarium parking deck is included with your registration; please pick up a parking voucher at the registration desk when you arrive.
Once in the parking deck, USE THE WEST ELEVATORS located on the corner of Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd and Luckie Street and follow signs to the Oceans Ballroom. PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW SIGNS TO THE MAIN ENTRANCE/East Elevators. The East Elevators will take you to the main entrance of the aquarium, not the ballroom.
The main thing you need to know when arriving by MARTA is that you do not enter the conference area through the regular front entrance of the aquarium. The entrance to the conference center is by the parking deck off Ivan Allen, Jr. Blvd.
MARTA by Train:
The Georgia Aquarium is a 10-15 minute walk from the Dome/GWCC/Philips Arena/CNN Center Station on the Blue/Green line or from the Civic Center or Peachtree Center Stations on the Red/Gold line.
MARTA by Bus:
Bus service is available to the Georgia Aquarium from the Civic Center MARTA bus station and Five Points MARTA station via Route 32.
The following hotels are within walking distance of the Georgia Aquarium. Click here for a map.
Hyatt House Atlanta Downtown
431 Marietta St. NW
Atlanta, GA 30313
1-866-974-9288 or 404-332-5522
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown
275 Baker Street
Atlanta, Georgia 30313
IMPORTANT: If you have not already registered for the conference, you must do so prior to Friday, May 29 at 1:00 PM. You may pay the $50 registration fee via Emory smartkey, CHOA cost center or credit card. If you do not register online by this time, you will need to pay $60 to register on-site the day of the conference. Click here to register.
- There is no specific size requirement for posters, but your poster must fit into a space that is 4 feet high and 4 feet wide. If your poster is longer than 4 feet in any direction, the edges will be concealed by adjacent posters and/or hang off the bottom of the posterboard.
- Rolling poster boards and pin tacks will be provided for each poster.
- Posters may not be laminated or they will fall off the boards.
- Presenters should arrive at the aquarium between 7:00 AM and 7:45 AM to locate their assigned board and display their poster.
- Presenters will be assigned to stand by their poster during one of two poster sessions. Presenters will be notified of their assigned poster session via email prior to the conference.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1) If my poster has already been printed and presented at another conference, may I display the same poster at this conference?
Yes, as long as it is not larger than 4’ high by 4’ wide.
2) Are there any other guidelines I should follow when I create my poster?
Yes; they are available here.
3) How do I get my poster printed?
Please contact Wallace Graphics at email@example.com or 678-513-9500.
4) Do I have to get my poster printed at Wallace Graphics?
You may get your poster printed at a location of your choice. If you decide not to use Wallace Graphics, please ensure that you use the most current logos for each institution. The most current logos are available here.
1) What is the cost to attend the conference?
The general registration fee is $50 until May 29, 2020 at 1:00 PM or $60 at the door. The registration fee for students, residents, fellows and postdocs is $15 until May 29, 2020 at 1:00 PM or $60 at the door.
2) Why is there a fee to attend the conference?
Participation in this conference has grown substantially since the first conference was held many years ago. While we have been fortunate to continue to receive generous contributions from most host institutions and several sponsors, it is now necessary for us to charge a nominal registration fee to help cover expenses. Registration fees cover approximately 20% of the total cost of the conference.
3) How can I pay the registration fee?
If you register before May 29, 2020 at 1:00 PM, you may pay via credit card, Emory smartkey or CHOA cost center. Simply select the ticket type you would like on the registration page.
If you register on site, you may pay via credit card. Only credit cards will be accepted on site. No smartkeys or cost centers will be accepted on site.
4) Is the registration fee waived for anyone?
The registration fee is not waived for anyone, but is significantly reduced for those students and trainees (residents, postdocs and fellows) who register in advance.
The registration fee is not reduced for students or trainees who register on site, even if they are presenting a poster. Everyone who registers on site the day of the conference must pay the $60 registration fee.
Postdocs include only those individuals whose official titles include postdoctoral. It does not include postdoctoral staff members such as Research Associates and Research Specialists.
5) What if I miss the advanced registration deadline? Can I still attend?
Yes, you may still attend the conference if you miss the advanced registration deadline; however, the registration fee will be higher. Everyone who registers on site the day of the conference must pay the $60 registration fee.
6) Will I get a refund if I can no longer attend the conference?
You may receive a refund of your full registration fee until 30 days prior to the conference. After May 12, 2020, no refunds will be given.
7) Will CME credits be provided?
Unfortunately, providing continuing education credits has become cost prohibitive; therefore, no continuing education credits of any type will be provided.
8) Is this conference suitable for high school students?
While the focus of the conference is child health research, the content itself is for adult researchers. If a student under age 18 is interested in attending, the student should contact Jennifer Villasenor.