2017 Southeastern Pediatric Research Conference: Big Data for Better Care—BIG SUCCESS!!
Thanks to everyone that attended the conference! We had a record 465 attendees this year! Please see below for the post-survey and how to get your continuing education credits.
To obtain your continuing education units, you must complete the post-survey first. Click here for your certificate.
- Chris Gunter, PhD, Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Human Genetics, Emory University School of Medicine; and Director of Communications Operations, Marcus Autism Center, Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- Stacy Heilman, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics & Director, Pediatric Research Operations, Emory University and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
- Greg Gibson, PhD, Professor of Biological Sciences & Director, Center for Integrative Genomics, Georgia Institute of Technology
Kenneth Mandl, MD, MPH, Professor of Biomedical Informatics and Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School; and Director, Computational Health Informatics Program, Boston Children’s Hospital
Colleen McBride, PhD, Grace Crum Rollins Chair of Behavioral Sciences and Health Education, Emory University
Howard Jacob, PhD, Executive Vice President and Chief Genomic Medicine Officer, HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology
Presentations Selected from Submitted Abstracts
Scientific Poster Sessions
Complimentary Evening Aquarium Admission & Door Prizes
**Prizes include tickets to Atlanta area restaurants and attractions, including Buckhead Life Restaurants, the College Football Hall of Fame, Fernbank Museum, Botanical Gardens, and World of Coke!**
The best address to use for the Georgia Aquarium parking deck entrance using GPS is 246 Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd, Atlanta, GA 30313.
Parking in the official Georgia Aquarium parking deck is included with your registration; please pick up a parking voucher at the registration desk when you arrive.
Once in the parking deck, USE THE WEST ELEVATORS located on the corner of Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd and Luckie Street and follow signs to the Oceans Ballroom. PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW SIGNS TO THE MAIN ENTRANCE/East Elevators. The East Elevators will take you to the main entrance of the aquarium, not the ballroom.
The main thing you need to know is that you do not enter the conference area through the regular front entrance of the aquarium. The entrance is by the parking deck off Ivan Allen, Jr. Blvd.
MARTA by Train:
The Georgia Aquarium is a 10-15 minute walk from the Dome/GWCC/Philips Arena/CNN Center Station on the Blue/Green line or from the Civic Center or Peachtree Center Stations on the Red/Gold line.
MARTA by Bus:
Bus service is available to the Georgia Aquarium from the Civic Center MARTA bus station and Five Points MARTA station via Route 32.
The following hotels are within walking distance of the Georgia Aquarium and will offer the Georgia Tech rate to conference participants. Click here for a map of the hotels.
Hyatt House Atlanta Downtown (Rate: $362/night)
Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center (Rate: $225/night; no availability on June 9)
Embassy Suites Centennial Park (Rate: $140/night; no availability on June 9)
These deadlines have passed. Thank you for your interest. We look forward to seeing you at the conference!
Deadline to register a core: March 15, 2017
Deadline to register an IT Service: April 30, 2017
Cores and IT Services should register to be included in the poster sessions and program. Only services within the Pediatric Research Alliance and those invited should register. For questions, contact Karen Kennedy.
PLEASE NOTE: Submitting a core/IT Service registration does not automatically register individuals for the conference! Neither you nor any persons listed on your core/IT Service registration will automatically be registered to attend. Click here to register individuals.
The conference will consist of two poster sessions:
- Session 1 - 9:30 AM - 10:10 AM - For authors of even-numbered posters and core posters
- Session 2 - 12:15 PM - 1:00 PM - For authors of odd-numbered posters
Poster presenters have been assigned a poster number for the conference. Please stand next to your poster during the designated poster session.
If you are providing both a poster and a rapid-fire presentation, you must submit your presentation slides to Sheri Russell no later than 5:00 PM on May 31.
- Posters must be a maximum of 4 feet wide and 4 feet tall. If your poster is wider than 4 feet, it will overlap with the poster(s) next to it. If your poster is taller than 4 feet, it will hang off the bottom of the posterboard.
- Posterboards and thumbtacks will be provided.
- Do not laminate your poster. Thumbtacks will not secure laminated posters to the boards; laminated posters will fall off the boards.
- Please put up your poster between 7:00 AM and 9:30 AM, and remove your poster between 1:00 PM and 2:15 PM.
- These times ensure that your poster is displayed during all breaks and poster sessions.
- The posterboards will be broken down and removed between 2:30 PM and 4:30 PM. Any posters not removed prior to 2:30 PM may be discarded.
- Tips on how to create and print your poster are available on our Presentation, Poster and Publication Guidelines page.
The deadline to submit abstracts has passed. Thank you for your interest. We look forward to seeing you at the conference!
Deadline to Submit Abstracts: April 3, 2017
- Abstracts on any topic related to child health research are encouraged.
- Anyone may submit an abstract, including but not limited to principal investigators, trainees, students, and staff.
- The maximum length of abstracts is 400 words and you may submit more than one abstract.
Up to 3 abstract authors from non-local (>100 miles from Atlanta) institutions may be selected to receive reimbursement for travel and hotel accommodations to provide an oral or poster presentation at the conference.
PLEASE NOTE: Submitting an abstract does not automatically register you for the conference! Neither you nor any investigator listed on your abstract will automatically be registered to attend. Click here to register.
The deadline to register a technology demonstration has passed. Thank you for your interest. We look forward to seeing you at the conference!
Deadline to register a technology demonstration: March 31, 2017
PLEASE NOTE: Submitting a technology demonstration application does not automatically register individuals for the conference! Neither you nor any persons listed on application will automatically be registered to attend, even if your application is approved and payment is received. Click here to register individuals.