News / Calendar
Marcus Grand Rounds: Gordon Ramsay, Ph.D.
- Date: June 10, 2011
- Time: 12:00pm-1:00pm
- Location: Marcus Autism Center, Conference Room, Second Floor
- Presenter: Gordon Ramsay, Ph.D.
- Sponsoring Center: Marcus Autism Center (MAC)
Marcus Autism Center Grand Rounds
Join us for the Grand Rounds at Marcus Autism Center Rounds at Marcus Autism Center
Topic: Predicting Spoken Language Development in Autism From Early Markers of Social Engagement
Friday, June 10, 2011
12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
Marcus Autism Center, Conference Room, Second Floor
1920 Briarcliff Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Gordon Ramsay, Ph.D.
Department of Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine
Following the education the learners will be able to:
• Understand the relationship between the deficit in social communication and other core features of autism spectrum disorders (ASD).
• Be informed about the current state of knowledge concerning spoken language development in ASD and related developmental disorders.
• Be aware of experimental research paradigms for tracking the developmental unfolding of speech from infancy through early childhood.
• Consider how these paradigms may lead to new clinical tools for assessment and intervention.
A light lunch will be provided to those who RSVP by Thursday, June 9.
Please contact Olivia Alexis at 404-785-7703 to RSVP.
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta is accredited by the Medical Association of Georgia to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Children’s designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Some physicians and affiliated healthcare professionals who perform services at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta are independent providers and are not our employees.
Visit www.choa.org/cme for more information on CME credit.