Imlay Innovation Fund
Deadline: February 12, 2018
Amount: Quick Wins up to $125,000 for 12-18 months, Innovation Investment up to $250,000 for one year
The Imlay Innovation Fund is intended solely to support collaborative activities and pediatric innovation and discovery efforts between Georgia Tech and Children’s, focusing on practical steps that will lead to clinical impact as well as potential commercial opportunities. Proposals should focus on solving a problem related to the theme of Quality and Patient Safety. Two types of projects for funding: Quick Wins and Innovation Investment. See full details for how to apply.
- Quick Wins (QW) allows Children’s clinicians and clinical administrative leaders to bring problems that impact care delivery to the attention of scientists and engineers at Georgia Tech to help develop innovative solutions.
- Innovation Investment is intended to help bridge the funding gap that often blocks the next phase of implementation or commercialization after initial proof of concept. Innovation Investment awards should allow investigators to collect much-needed data, complete further proof-of-concept studies, or to produce prototypes for testing in order to effectively compete for extramural or investment funding.
- Febuary 12: Pre-Proposal Deadline
- March 1: Full Proposal Deadline (Full proposals by invitation only)
- May 29: Oral Pitch Sessions
- July 2: Notification of Funding
All applications must involve two or more investigators
- at least one from Georgia Tech faculty AND
- at least one of whom:
- has a primary faculty appointment in the Emory Department of Pediatrics OR
- is on the professional staff at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. This includes Emory faculty outside of the Department of Pediatrics who are on the Children’s medical staff and all non-faculty clinicians who are on the Children’s medical staff.